Sunday, November 30, 2008

Labor Day 2008 Camping at Lehi Park


We were able to go camping for Labor Day at a Church owned campground on the mountain just above our house. There was hardly anyone there and the campsite was $5/night! It had real toilets, running water, and a playground. The kids had so much fun building fires, catching lizards and looking for spiders and insects to kill/torture. One of the photos shows Isaiah holding tightly onto the bottle they used to capture the Western Blue Belly Fence Lizard. We took it home and let it go in our yard, but it was never seen again. We made Boca burgers and had some corn cooked in the fire like my Dad cooks it. Of course, we didn't get much sleep but it is a good memory nonetheless!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

No way! I spent many a Saturday during my youth at Lehi park (before it had all the modern conveniences). I think I had put in 100 hours by age 12. I helped plant the Christmas Tree farm (I don't think it continued), worked on clearing many trails and other projects that blur together. I attended girls camp there all but one year. You will have to tell the boys that Nathan and Jessica played there when they were little too!

The Henricksen Journal said...

I remember going to Lehi park when I was in a young adult ward years ago! Do they still have the zip line? I think they tore it down...